Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lost in Portland...

Well this weekend, I was able to drive my sister and her two cute little sons home to Oregon. we made the drive to Oregon on Saturday, rested on Sunday (we may have gone to a museum to see the Spruce Goose), and then I drove home on Monday.

Well Sunday night I jumped on the Internet to make sure that I knew how to get home. The first step and most difficult I might add, would be making it to portland, then I just had to follow the Interstate all the way home. Well I didn't quite follow the plan this morning when I started my journey. Instead of following the route that was recommended, I took a little detour.

This is the route that I took, and it wasn't too far out of the way, but it could have been if it hadn't been for Melissa on the HelpDesk. She was amazing at trying to figure out where the heck I was, and then pointing me in the right direction. I finally made it to portland, and then onto INterstate 5, and then onto Interstate 84, when I then just had to follow for about 900 miles.

The detour was gorgeous, even though it may have added a little time onto the journey. It was early morning still, the the terrain was slightly hilly but really green. There were patches of mysterious fog settled below the hills, and the sun was making the bright green trees and fields shine a beautiful green. It was actually quite incredible.

Then in Idaho I missed the most beautiful sun set. I saw a little of it, but I was driving on I-84, so I couldn't look long. It was really pretty though. The snow covered fields were reflecting a blue tint, and then the sky was pink, red, purple, and then dark blue with scattered clouds that reflected the colors. It was really pretty, but I didn't dare look at it for too long. It was really pretty though in case you didn't get that part.

Oh, and I got to see the Spruce Goose which was Incredible. This thing is so dang big, I couldn't believe it. AND, it is made of WOOD! I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!

In all it was a great trip.
Way cool! =0)

2 comments:

Becki and Jeff said...

I went to Portland for my sister's sealing. Yes, we did get a little lost. Having the interstate run along the river and through Portland wich seemed like it was built over, around, on a lake or river. Some of those interchanges felt like a rollercoaster!! Yes, it is very beautiful there. I'd like to go back someday and see more of the city. The beach was very nice as well. The ocean a little cold for July, but, it was loads of fun!

Adam and Kristine said...

Thanks again for driving us home. You're the best. We are excited to see you and my mom in May.