Monday, April 20, 2009

Le Rêve - Las Vegas

I Love Spring Break! Especially if I can get away and have a great time.

This year I ended up taking my sister down to Las Vegas for the long weekend to get away from the 6" of snow and cold. We succeeded and ended up finding the sun, which was wonderful.

We did several things, but I my favorite was the show, Le Rêve at the Wynn.

It was incredible. You walk into the theater, and there is seating all around what should have been a stage, but it was a huge pool of water. On the water was a bed, floating there in the middle of the pool. It was lit from all different angles and the light was slowly changing from blue, purple, pink, and several other colors. My sister and I just sat there and watched the bed and looked at all of the other things in the theatre in awe (I know, I am a tech geek).

I don't even know how to explain the show, but it incorporated about everything that I could think of. There were flying acrobatic moves, fun dancing, great costumes (they all got wet!) surprising props, techno effects, great sound, and everything appealing to an audience that could involve water, acting, dancing, and sound.

Here are a couple images that I found on-line, but it is late and I need to go to bed because if now I will become the monster that you can see in the third image (I think that it is the devil).


Fun show, I would recommend it!



While in Vegas my sister and I also spent some quality time watching the incredible Belagio fountains (I love them). We also had to spend time at the hotel pool soaking up as much sun as we possible could (which reminds me I need to apply aloe).


Hope you all had a great spring break, and if you maybe you could come with me next year! =0)

2 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

Bryan, Was it a Cirque de Soliel show? Just wondering. It looks like a fun one. Glad you had fun, I was here in the cold playing with my girls so my hubby could build a walk-in closet.

Adam and Kristine said...

That sounds like fun! I am excited to you in a few weeks:)