Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New York 2009 - AWESOME!

I just got back from a week in Manhattan New York, probably one of the best trips that I have been on in a long time. Here is a list of the shows that we went to see while we were there:

Billy Elliot
Absolutely INCREDIBLE!
I don't know that there is another way to describe this show
except that we couldn't even believe the talent, the fun, the
energy It was so much fun, everyone should see it!


In The Heights
This was a good show, and a lot of it was in spanish, so
not everyone was able to even follow it.


Hair
What a FUN Show! The cast members came out into the audience
several times to interact with us. When they were singing "Hair"
the girl in the canter of this picture came up to our row
(clear in the top) and played with my hair. Did I say FUN!


West Side Story
The talent was incredible! Great voices, dancing, and
spanish (they sang several songs in spanish with the revival)


Shrek the Musical
This show was hilarious, and I loved Lord Farquaad
the best (he did the entire show on his knees!)



Blithe Spirit
Staring Angela Lansbury, Seriously! She is so dang Funny!
She did a little dance around the state the reminded me of my
Grandma. We got her autograph on a playbill, Awesome! =0)

Well besides the shows we had a great time in New York. We were able to go to the Top of the Rock observatory (Top of the Rockefeller Center in the middle of Manhattan). We also ate at some great restaurants, and saw several other fun things that you could only see in New York.

We stayed in a great hotel too, right outside of Times Square. It was an awesome trip and I am sure glad that I was able to go with great fun people. We had a blast and loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Bryan, that looks like so much fun!! We are taking our YW to New York next summer for a fun trip, you'll have to give me your opinions on the best show that they would enjoy! You guys always have such a good time there!