Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Grandma Liston & Thanksgiving

Well yesterday my Grandma Liston came to visit my dad, and I happened to be there (I have been there a lot this weekend, it has been great). She was there with my aunt Joyce who lives rignt nextdoor to her so she was the lucky one who gets to drive her places. =0)

Well my grandma is about 95 years old, and I truthfully think that she has better knees that I do. I don't know what keeps her going, she said that she eats a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and other healthy things, but who knows what her secret it.

So we all decided to snap a picture, here is my Aunt, My Dad, My Grandma, and Myself.
You may notice that my dad doesn't look very healthy, he is going through a pretty nasty fight with cancer right now. He has been so good to do anything and everything to kill the cancer, so we all still have high hopes that he can beat it and live for a long time still.

I had a nice quiet thanksgiving though with my dad and Patty's family (she is the one behind the camera, Thanks Patty!). Uncle Shane made one awesome turkey with some wicked moist white meat, and uncle George couldn't get over how moist it was, LOL. Then of course we had Grandma Joyce's famous banana cream pie, Mmmmm. Of course I ate too much, but it was just so dang good!

I was able to see everyone in my immediate family this Thanksgiving as well. Jill came down thanksgiving morning, Brad was staying at my dad's house so I ran into him a couple times, Mark made it down Saturday morning, and Kerri made it home saturday evening for a couple hours. It is sad that we all live within such close proximity, and yet hardly see each other. Life is too crazy.

1 comment:

Scott & Jennifer said...

Hey bud, I'm glad things went well for the Feasting of the Bird, and that you were able to see so many family members.

Ya, you don't realize how blessed ya are to live so close to family until you move across country!

Hopefully I'll be see'n y'all this month, if not January???

Take care, love ya!