Monday, January 19, 2009

The good and the bad

Boy, I had no clue what it would be to go through this. We have been very lucky in my family. Up to this point the only person that has passed away was my grandpa, but it was expected. Caring for and watching for my dad has been a hard thing to go through. He has good days, and then some not so good days.

Sunday luckily was a pretty good day. We had many friendly and loving visitors to come and show support to him as well as the family. One thing that has come out of this is that my siblings and I are a lot closer now than I think we have ever been.

I have also watched Patty's family and felt their love and I appreciate them ever so much. More so than I could even express. Patty's daughter has been here with Patty and Paul ever since Paul was brought home. She has been as strong as a wolf, with support for everyone here. She also brought Diet Coke with her, Thanks! =0)

Well My dad is still fighting and we don't know how much longer he will be with us. At this point though I think that we all feel that he has suffered more than he should be allowed, and that he needs to pass on to somewhere better. I am sure that there is a large crowd up there somewhere waiting to greet him as he enters the next process.

Someone passed along this book, The Message in hopes that it would help to ease the pain. It has a great message of the afterlife and what happens as loved ones pass through to the next life. It has helped me to remember that there is a large master plan that includes all of us. It is a quick read but I would recommend it to anyone in this same situation.

Thanks everyone for your love and support!

2 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

Bryan, I hope you don't mind, I found you today while I was looking at Jeanette's Blog. I have been thinking about you all weekend and wondering how you are doing. Just know that our prayers are with you and your family and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Becki and Jeff said...

Bryan,

Have you thought about giving your dad a blessing? It could help you, your siblings, your dad and Patty through this.
Jeff gave a blessing to his grandma the night she died. His mom is the only member of the church in her family. This was her mom that died. Her siblings saw and felt the power of God through Jeff as he gave the blessing. Peace was felt. His grandma relaxed and became calm. She passed away peacefully. I'm sure it left an impression on Jeff's uncles and aunts as they thanked Jeff for doing this for their mother. Love ya, Bryan. You are an Elder. Uncle Paul has family waiting for him on the other side. It isn't the end. You will see him again. That I know.

Becki