Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The passing of my father, Paul E. Liston

I apologize, but it has been a few days since my father finally passed away.

He passed away Monday night at 10:30 pm while I was in the room watching him and talking with my sisters Jill & Kristine. After all of the pain and trials that he has been through in the last five years it was sad to see him go but it was also a blessing to know that he was free of the physical pain and sickness that he had been suffering.

We have been working on the funeral plans and obituary for the last two days. The viewing will be Friday night at the Walker Family Mortuary in Spanish Fork, Utah. The funeral services will be Saturday morning at 11:00, followed by the interment at the Spanish Fork City Cemetery (I just typed library, but I don't think that they would appreciate that. Long day...).

My dad was as amazing in life as he has been after. He made arrangements for just about everything so we have only had to make some of the small and simple decisions. This is so much easier than having to start out from scratch. I firmly think that it should be a good idea for everyone to have some sort of plan even if there is no foreseeable date of departure. It helps the family so very much as they deal with the loss and try to make everything work well.

Thanks dad! =0)

Paul E. Liston
(September 19, 1956 - January 19, 2009)


Paul Earl Liston passed away peacefully January 19, 2009 at home, after a courageous battle with GIST cancer. He was born September 19, 1956, in Provo, Utah to Verdin and Marie Hall Liston. He married Alisa Ann Adams in the Provo Temple on July 20, 1978 and they are the parents of five children. They divorced and he later married Patty Creer Kerecman. Their marriage was solemnized in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on May 25, 2001.

Paul owned and managed Paul Liston Woods & A&P Craft Supply for 15 years. He owned and operated Paul Liston Excavation & Western Oasis for the last eight years. He was always one that would work well with customers and will be greatly missed by many. Paul enjoyed the friendships of everyone that he associated with during his business career.

Paul lived for his wife Patty, kids, and grandkids; they were his whole world. Paul enjoyed life itself, and all blessings the Lord bestowed upon him. He was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and served an honorable mission in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The family would like to thank the following people for their excellent care in his time of need: Annette Nielsen, Dr. Brian Tudor, Dr. Lei Chen, CNS Hospice staff, Sandra and the “Baker girls”.

Paul is survived by his mother, Marie Liston; wife, Patty; nine children, Bryan, Mark (Tara), Jill (Nate Olsen), Brad, and Kerri Liston; Kelli, Kristine (Adam Asay), Kyle, and Clay Kerecman; grandchildren, Kaiden, Ryder, Miles, Tinny, & Brynlee; siblings, Sandra (Ken Baker), Sherril (Sherry), Elaine (Joe Ford), Larry (Madelyn), Joyce, and Janice (Delwin Hemmingway). He is also survived by his in-laws, Howard N. and Joyce H. Creer. Paul was preceded in death by his father, Verdin Liston.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. in the LDS Chapel at 870 East Canyon Road, in Spanish Fork. There will be a viewing held at Walker Mortuary, 187 South Main, in Spanish Fork on Friday evening, January 23, 2009 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. and at the church on Saturday morning from 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to the service. Interment will be in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery.

Condolences can be sent to the family on the Walker Family Mortuary web site.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful and loving tribute to your dad Bryan. I'm sorry I never got to meet him. I'm glad his mind and body is at rest. If there's anything you ever need, I would do anything I could.

The Beckstroms said...

I've been thinking about you lots this week Bryan. I too wish I could have met your father, he sounds like a wonderful man. Know that the prayers of my family are with you and your family during this difficult time and if there is anything we can do, please let us know. Hopefully I will see you Saturday.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Bryan,
We are so sorry for the loss of your father and yet grateful that he is at peace. We love you and hope you are aware of the Lord's love and support for you. Please let us know if we can do anything.
Love-
Steph, Art, Parks, Bright and Baby

Becki and Jeff said...

Bryan,

I never knew your dad served a mission to Pennsylvania! I'm glad you served one as well. Your dad was an honorable man. It was always fun to see your dad and mine wrestle, see your dad work in his work shop, having fun with us at the Adams' reunions, ect. I will miss him. He was one of my favorite people I always looked forward to seeing when my family came to Utah as a kid. Love ya, Bryan.

Becki