Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I just found myself a second career

Sprinklers!

I just had pressurized irrigation installed in my yard, and while they were installing it they broke my main sprinkler line, yeah this is the same one that I fixed over the weekend when I dug out the entire sprinkler box, replaced all of the valves, connections, wires, all that fun stuff.

So after working on this all day Saturday, I decided that it would be good to test the new pieces to make sure that I installed them correctly. As I went through the stations I quickly realized that the main line to the first station, as there was a huge geyser in the front of my yard with water, dirk, and rocks everywhere, great!

So I decided to fix that. Then on top of it since I have re-landscaped my yard, the original sprinklers don't work very well, so I decided to look into changing all of the heads to the correct model, no big deal right?

Well the correct heads only spray about half as far, which is good and bad. This means that I have to install twice as many heads as are currently installed in my front yard. So I started digging, went to Lowe's to get more parts, went back to get the correct parts, and I just finished installing them. I haven't tested them, but they better work or else!

So up to this point I have dug two huge holes in my front yard, followed by 6 smaller (but still good sized) holes that I had to do in order to replace the heads. Along with the holes, I swear that I have been to Lowe's, and the Sprinkler shop about 50 times, NO JOKE. I keep waiting tof my credit card company to call me in order to notify me that my card has been stolen by some Lowe's freak that won't leave the store.

So I have worked in my yard all day saturday, sunday morning and evening, Monday after work till after 10, and today after work till about 10. All I can say is these sprinklers better sprinkle good water for that stupid lawn f mine, otherwise I don't know what I will do...

I think that I could get my degree in sprinkler maintenance and installation at this point.

1 comment:

Sarah Shelley said...

LOL....Hilarious!!! I know Stewart feels your pain. We decided that we should have purchased stock in Home Depot because we go there so often. Especially for sprinkler stuff. Hopefully it will be a beautiful lawn due to all your hard work.